RICS Building Surveys
The RICS Building Survey is the most in-depth Home Survey designed to protect your investment. Building surveys are suitable for any type of property. Whether that is a residential house or flat, the diagnosis of defects and damage assessment is vital to ensure your property is sound.
This level of RICS home survey is the most detailed report, providing you with an in-depth analysis of the property’s construction and condition. It also includes advice on defects, repairs and maintenance options.
The report will offer advice on when you might want to carry out such maintenance and what costs might be involved in carrying them out.
Why Get an RICS Building Survey?
If you’re buying an older, pre-1960s home, a rundown property or an altered or unusual building, then a Building Survey is recommended. Building Surveys are also recommended for Grade II listed buildings.
A Building Survey is also useful if you have plans for future works and alterations.
While this survey is more thorough, it’s still non-invasive. That means your surveyor won’t knock holes through the wall.
Building surveys are carried out to;
- Provide details of the construction;
- Access insulation, damp-proofing, drainage, etc.;
- Highlight all major and minor structural concerns;
- Highlight major and minor defects and their implications;
- Provide an overview and estimate of the potential cost of repairs;
- Provide recommendation for other specialist inspections, etc
Want to book a Building Survey?
Call Shape Surveyors on 0333 772 9516 or Contact us and we’ll help you protect your investment.
Download a copy of an RICS Building Survey.