RICS Building Survey
The Building Survey is all about taking care of the detail. Whether that is a residential house or flat, the diagnosis of defects and damage assessment is vital to ensure your property is sound.
This level of survey is the most comprehensive report. It provides you with an in-depth analysis of the property’s construction, condition. It also includes advice on defects, repairs and maintenance options.
The report will offer advice on when you might want to carry out such maintenance and what costs might be involved in carrying them out.
Building Surveys prioritise the more important considerations that require immediate investigation or repair and the implications that it could cause.
Why Get a Building Survey?
If you’re buying an older, pre-1960 home, rundown properties, altered or unusual buildings, then a Building Survey is recommended.
A Building Survey is also useful if you have plans for future works and alterations.
While this survey is more thorough, it’s still non-invasive. That means your surveyor won’t knock holes through the wall or other things like that.
Building surveys are carried out to;
- Provide details of the construction;
- Access insulation, damp-proofing, drainage, etc.;
- Highlight all major and minor structural concerns;
- Highlight major and minor defects and their implications;
- Provide an overview and estimate of the potential cost of repairs;
- Provide recommendation for other specialist inspections, etc
Want to book a Building Survey?
Call us on 0121 769 2175 or Contact Us and we’ll help you buy your next property with minimum fuss.