JOB TITLE: Surveyor Appointment Administrator
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm
LOCATION: Birmingham Office (Initially Homebased)
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 depending on experience
Shape Surveyors has an immediate requirement for a new Surveyor Appointment Administrator to join our growing Operations team in Birmingham.
If you are always striving to make sure the customer is satisfied, confident dealing with different types of people on the phone and problem solving, this role would be suitable for you.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to utilise and develop their great communication skills in a business to consumer environment. We are committed to investing in the professional development of all our employees. Full industry training will be provided, allowing you the best possible chance to kick-start your career in a small surveying business.
The primary role of the Surveyor Appointment Administrator is to book property inspections for our surveyors with our new and existing home buyers and investors. The successful candidate will work to carefully manage the surveyor’s diaries, ensuring that appointments are booked in the most productive way, and surveyor time is maximised when visiting clients. The Surveyor Appointment Administrator will need to navigate between a variety of internal and external contacts, providing a great standard of client care and contribution to the smooth running of the Operations team.
What’s in it for you?
Growth. You will be joining a friendly, entrepreneurial and inclusive culture. We are driven by our core values and aim to embody them in all we do. We aspire to be refreshingly different and achieve this through using our unique perspectives, capabilities and expertise.
Exposure. You will work with Estate Agents, Financial Advisers Mortgage Brokers and Conveyancers across the West Midlands. This is a great opportunity to understand the property industry inside out.
Support. One of the things we’re most proud to talk about at Shape Surveyors is our great company culture. We foster an inclusive environment, where we value collaboration and development. You’ll be based at home in the first instance and will be supported by a proactive manager. You will learn and work under the guidance of a supportive team, and ongoing training will be provided.
Recognition. Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting out on your career journey, Shape Surveyors values the impact you have on the residential surveying landscape. We offer incentives, remote team socials, and flexible working we recognise the importance of rewarding your hard work.
What you will focus on:
- Surveyor Allocations. Pro-actively book surveyor inspections for new and existing clients by calling and emailing clients, hitting KPI’s for a number of inspections booked.
- Diary management. Organise multiple surveyor’s diaries, ensuring that geographically, the surveyors are as productive as possible, and all appointments and details are passed over to the surveyor accurately.
- Documentation. Ensure that we have collected the clients supporting documentation to enable us to successfully deliver a full service and maintain ongoing accurate records for every client.
- Administration. Gather client HAS requirements for surveyors (hard hat, high vis jackets, etc.). Updating spreadsheets and internal records where required.
- Communication. Communicate with clients and surveyors, both written and verbal. Manage the client’s expectations and deal with their initial queries, ensuring they understand the process of an inspection and the timescales involved.
- Client service. Delivering excellent service to clients and surveyors alike, ensuring strong and positive working relationships. Manage the processes for retention issues, liaising with other internal departments, including the Surveying team, to ensure that we deliver the best outcome for the client.
- Building successful working relationships with external contacts such as mortgage brokers, customers, solicitors estate agents and financial advisers as well as internal teams such as with other members of the admin team to ensure all tasks/duties are met for that day.
How do we know you’re our new Surveyor Appointment Administrator?
- A Minimum of 4 A*-C GCSE’s (or equivalent). Degree preferred.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including; PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and internet applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Previous experience of building and maintaining relationships with clients (preferred).
- The ability to thrive in a target driven environment.
- The ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A Pro-active, positive and organised approach to work.
Come realize your potential at Shape Surveyors!
Shape Surveyors is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.